Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Custom Empire

Hey lovely people todays post is actually kinda exciting, well at least it is for me, because I get to tell and share with you something I have wanted to do for a long time... and its the first step of a little dream I've been having, coming into fruission.

I have always wanted to get into customizing vinyl toys but didn’t think I had the skills to do it...as you may well know I am a plush maker... paper, fabric thread, needles, stitchy machinery and the like are my friends but a paint brush and paint not so much.
While I am an arty guy and have picked up some fine art type skills along my way i didnt go to art school, i went to theatre design school. Nobody taught me to draw or paint or sculpt... so what little skill I do have in these areas comes from my own interest and self teachings.

 So to make this leap and do the thing I really want to do, I have just recently started doing a bunch of research in the endeavor to teach myself... can i do it? Who cares!!!
The fun is in the learning and the trying. More importantly one of the things I have discovered about myself over the last couple years is what I like doing the most is teaching and helping others... So to put all these things together I have started writing a blog with all the information I find and learn about toy customizing so I can share it with all you peeps out there who are just starting out… and or anyone else that is interested too.

As you know I ve been posting about the toy world and toy customizing related jazz here under the banner Custom Empire, and now i've made it into a blog of its very own... YAY!


I will post the Custom Empire info here as I have been as well as on the Custom Empire blog, so you can read it here or over there depending on what atmosphere you like. They are a little different but kinda the same, due to being writen by yours truley... However here you get all the plush and other ramblings of my brain over there you get the rambling but on one topic, toy customizing, learning and other toy related stuff... choice is yours.

Im totally open to any suggestions  or questions about toy customization and anything that might be related to it, I may not be able to give you an answer straight away but asking questions will help me write and research topics that I may not think of... and keep me on target with what people are interested in, or if you have any other  ideas let me know. Better still if you are a painter or sculpter or awesome in some other way and want to share some tips, trics, links or what have you, let us know and we'll post it on the blog for everyone. 



Anyway I hope you like the information I put out and seriously if you ever have any cool tips, tricks, links, or other helpful information flick me a message so we can share it with the people.

Have a great day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment